Availability of previous version

Is it possible to download previous version 1.4.0? Installed 1.4.1 and is not working at all. Thank you!

What happens exactly? Any error message?

It let me pick the host face and the object to be scattered but the Generate button does nothing when clicked. Previous projects made with previous version are not working.

Try this:

• Open the Ruby Console (Window > Ruby Console) and keep it open
  • Open Skatter and try to work with it
  • Tell me what appears in the Console

This is what appears in Console:

Error: #<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (1 for 4)>
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:258:in cpp_points_defs' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:258:inblock in generate_points’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:in each' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:ingenerate_points’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:475:in live_preview' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/tools.rb:92:inonLButtonDown’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:258:in cpp_points_defs' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:258:inblock in generate_points’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:in each' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:ingenerate_points’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:360:in block in start_dialog' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:incall’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:in block in add_bridge_callback' SketchUp:1:incall’

Another try:

/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:475:in live_preview' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/tools.rb:92:inonLButtonDown’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:475:in live_preview' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/tools.rb:903:inonLButtonDown’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:475:in live_preview' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:324:inblock in start_dialog’
/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:in call' /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/dialog.rb:20:inblock in add_bridge_callback’
SketchUp:1:in `call’

For some reason it don’t shows the error message after the number symbol:
“ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (1 for 4)”

Try this one, it should solve your issue : http://files.getskatter.com/skatter_1.4.1_setup_light.pkg
(file name is the same as before, but it’s actually fixed)

Excellent!!! Working great again!!! Thank you!!!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems there’s been a mixup when packing the files for the OSX version.

i have exactly the same problem. google brought me to this page. except mine is a windows version not OSX

You mean you have the exact same error in the ruby console?

This is what i get when i try to pick a grouped surface. nothing just happens. i was using the version 1.2 before which worked just fine then upgraded to 1.4 and this.

ruby console

---- Skatter 1.4.1----
Regenerate render instances from attributes : 0.0 s
---- End ----

---- Skatter 1.4.1 ----
Generate bounding boxes & transformations : 0.0 s
Total number of points : -1
View redraw : 0.015012 s
Total : 0.020013 s
------ End ------

---- Skatter 1.4.1 ----
Processing surface 3tznavfWbCweVN5leABt$U
Sent surface to C++ : 0.0 s
Generate points : 0.008005 s
Number of generated points : 591
Project points : 0.004 s
Number of projected points : 591
Seed and def points : 0.004003 s
Scale points : 0.0 s
Area points : 0.0 s
Number of areaed points : 0

Generate bounding boxes & transformations : 0.0 s
Scatter objects : 0.0 s
Total number of points : 0
View redraw : 0.011008 s
Total : 0.062042 s
------ End ------

This looks like a license issue.
Did you purchase a license? Are you using a cracked version?