Fine tune Falloffs

I’ve been using Skatter again for a new project (long time since I last used it…)

I love using fallofs for areas, heights and slopes, however I can’t fine tune them very much. For instance. I’d like to raise the scale of my grass near walls, or having the bottom height falloff of not being affected by density and only scale, while the top is affected by both parameters.

Right now I can do it with a conjugation of skatters and areas, but if I could avoid having more skatters, I’d have greater control my results as I could see all that I needed in the preview at once.

I’d also like to have reverse values for scale and density. The falloff would result in a raise of scale and density instead of a decrease.

Finally I’d like to control the max scale and density increase and decrease we could have.

Thanks!

having the bottom height falloff of not being affected by density and only scale, while the top is affected by both parameters.
Yes, this is planned.

I’d like to raise the scale of my grass near walls
[…]
I’d also like to have reverse values for scale and density. The falloff would result in a raise of scale and density instead of a decrease.

Can’t you do that with “Invert Falloff”?

But the invert fallof isn’t just a reverse of the area for falloff? It will make every skatter outside the area scale to zero… but I guess I know what you mean. I can do it already if I spread the falloff to an area outside the skatter host…

Well, Thomas, I’ve not been using Skatter for more than a year… Sorry.

Thanks.

Like this :

Although it seems to be broken for the density falloff, I’ll fix it.

Thanks, I’m just in a tight deadline, I’d get there eventually.

I’m really enjoying this job, since I’ve started skattering greenery! I think I’ll loose a weekend or two fine tuning it after delivery! :wink: