Objects generated on a welded two segment curve

Objects generated on a welded two segment curve

If I have two connecting lines I which to scatter objects to I have to first make them into a group (or component) then enter the group and join the lines using a weld ruby. Correct?

When I have done that, I pick the grouped two line curve and generate. Then I get scattered objects on the “invisible line” closing the two open ends (sorry I can´t upload an image). It works perfect with three or more segments on the curve.

By the way – how do you turn an arc into a group or component? I use the workaround to add a new line make a group which I then enter and delete the extra line. What way do you use to turn freehand lines, circles, arcs etc into groups/components?

When I have done that, I pick the grouped two line curve and generate. Then I get scattered objects on the “invisible line” closing the two open ends (sorry I can´t upload an image). It works perfect with three or more segments on the curve.
Indeed, I see that.
By the way – how do you turn an arc into a group or component? I use the workaround to add a new line make a group which I then enter and delete the extra line. What way do you use to turn freehand lines, circles, arcs etc into groups/components?
I have a keyboarg shortcut (CTRL+G) to create a group from the selection. It works with single entities, even though if you right-click on them you don't have the "Create group" entry.

Off Topic:
I use CTRL+G too. Maybe if enough people use it, it will become a standard shortcut :wink:

Thank you for the shortcut tips! Newer thought of that…

“When I have done that, I pick the grouped two line curve and generate. Then I get scattered objects on the “invisible line” closing the two open ends (sorry I can´t upload an image)” - I have the same issue.
Is there a solution for this problem?

Hi!
I usually divide my curve to have at least 3 segments even if I had just a simple line to skatter …
(right click > divide …)

Yes this is a known issue. As simpey said, the curve needs to have at least 3 segments.

Thank you very much !!!
I have tried with 3 sigments and it works !!! Thanks :smile:
Is it must to weld the sigments?

It’s best if the segments are welded as a curve. It helps Skatter know the correct order of the segments.

OK Thanks