V2 - Moving forward with Skatter

The last Skatter update was several months ago, so I thought I might give you guys some news on its current state.

I have started to work on Version 2 of Skatter, and it is taking me longer than I wish. There are many big features I want to add, but being that ambitious is time-costly. That is why I am partnering up with a good friend of mine, Merwan, to help me on the programming side. (He has a PhD in Computer Wizardry, so we should actually call him Dr Merwan!)

To give you an idea of what we want to do for V2, I have created a public roadmap, you can access it here: https://trello.com/b/qMIkZvuc/skatter-roadmap
Please keep in mind that what is stated there is not guaranteed. This roadmap only displays our intent, the final V2 release might miss some of these features, or contain others. Also I have only added important features, there are many little things that we will add or fix that do not appear in there.

Now, on a totally different topic. Many of you know Ronen Bekerman, and you probably also know that he’s been part of the Skatter Team since before the first release. Ronen approached me with the primary goal of helping me bring Skatter to you all, as fast as possible. And he did that Big time! He has been a great help in bringing Skatter to market, helping me with setting up the sales platform, marketing tools and campaigns, the helpdesk, etc. For all of this I want to give him a huge thank you!
But today, Ronen is leaving the Skatter Team to keep his focus on the many other things he’s doing like the blog, his studio and his new podcast.
He won’t be far away though, as he will remain a reseller and affiliate of Skatter. You will continue to be able to buy Skatter from his online store, and we will have other collaborations around Skatter to announce. More on this topic later. :wink:

Finally, the website recently got a complete overhaul: http://getskatter.com
It should now be easier to find the help resources, forums, etc. Please let me know if you think some things are missing, not intuitive or hard to find.

Stay tuned for more V2 news in the upcoming months!

2 Likes

Hello Thomas, how’s development of V2 is going? The date for release is anytime soon?

Cheers,

Caetano

No, Skatter v2 is not set for release “anytime soon”. But we will soon announce a new tool that will be bundled with Skatter v2 : Transmutr
Stay tuned :wink:

2 Likes

I received Skatter 2.0.0-beta3 by email
How do I activate & activate the license key?

I replied to your email :wink:

I checked it thank you ?

Any Updates on V2? looking forward to a lot of the features!

Hi @ALX1543, there’s a private beta for Skatter 2 that’s been ongoing since may (accessible to our Indiegogo backers). Things are going pretty well and it’s looking more and more ready for the final release :slight_smile:

We still have a few features to polish as well as documentation/localization/the website to prepare before the big day. We expect to release Skatter in the first months of the year but we prefer to avoid giving a specific date at this point :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info @merwan! I wasn’t aware of the Indiegogo until it was already closed… Is it possible to get ahold of the beta somehow / someway to buy it?

It’s not possible right now, sorry.

1 Like

Thomas, is there any news on the availability of Skatter 2?

Kind regards

Hi @Allan_Lochert.
Regarding Skatter 2, development is ongoing.
There is no definitive release date yet as we still have a few features to complete and test in the private beta.

Hey guys, I was an early backer and wanted to know how I can get involved in the new version, also, do y’all have a transmutr bundle deal with skatter? I’m thinking of switching from Skimp as I dislike rental software.