Blank window

Installed again for all users as admin and its still the same. I also noticed that running the app as admin I cant drag and drop only browse. Running as a user I can drag and drop. Still its all white.

Thanks for trying this. Would you be able to send us one of your model to [email protected]?

Yes, it’s a Windows issue: drag’n’drop is disabled from an application with low permissions (your file explorer) to an application ran as admin. In the end it should not ve necessary to start transmutr as an admin anyway!

I don’t think it’s a problem with the models. I have tried with several both very simple and some high poly ones from many different sources. After the progress bar shows it is loading the window goes white.

Please go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\transmutr and send us transmutr.log

Sent.

Thanks! We’ll look into it

Tried with 0.1.2 but I still get a blank window. Even after I choose just a simple cube fbx file.
Have you found out anything from my log file?

There’s nothing in your log about an error, so it’s probably a UI issue.
I will send you via email another version with the UI console enabled.

v0.1.3 now has a fallback renderer when WebGL is not available.
It’s pretty ugly and slow, we’ll try to make it look better.

@pixero Did you have a chance to test it?

Yes, sorry. I have tried 0.13 and I get the WebGL fallback. Stange because I can use WebGL in Chrome without problem.

Hi again. I have now installed the 0.1.3 version on my personal laptop and it works there but the problems on my work PC remains.
Is there any way of testing if it might be some system restrictions, ports or other stuff that that computer might have differently than my personal laptop?

P.S. Can I use the license for that PC also? I used the 3 day trial for now.

We have no idea where this issue comes from. We’ll soon release a beta version to a wider user base. If other users have the same issue, we might be able to find something in common.

You can use your license on two computers.

Is Transmutr using any perticular ports for example? Stuff that could be “locked” or limited on a company PC or network. I’m trying to find ways of limiting where to search for what makes it not work on my work PC, a Lenovo P51.
My PC has a Nvidia Quadro M2200 GPU. Can that be the cause of the problem?
It works fine with other Web GL apps.

Hi Pixero,

Transmutr does not use use the network in its current version.

I suspect that your issue is related to the UI framework that we use internally. It relies on a not so recent version of Chrome. Older versions of Chrome are known for blacklisting some GPUs, especially mobile ones. So this might be why you can run webgl in your own, up-to-date browser, but not in Transmutr.

We’ll try to update our framework soon to support more GPUs. We’ll keep you posted.

Hi @pixero,
We added a way to retrieve more info to debug your issue.

Would you be able to install the latest version (0.2.0) on your work computer and then go to Options > Show GPU info and then send us the report to [email protected]?

That would be very helpful.

Hi @pixero,
Thanks for the report that you sent last time, that’s helpful.

We made some changes that could have fixed your issue (we updated Transmutr’s UI framework to a more recent version).

Would you be able to test the latest version (0.2.1) on your work PC and see if the bug is still here? That’s a tricky issue (surely hardware-specific) because you’re currently the only user that reported this problem :slight_smile:

Hi! I just install and tested 0.2.1 and the problem is still there.
I installed as a regular user and only for me. Would it make any difference installing as admin and for everyone?
I have tried that before without sucess though.

Do you know any other user who has a quadro card? Could that make a difference?

A post was split to a new topic: Transmutr cannot see my Egnyte drives

Hi @pixero, have you tried one of the latest versions of transmutr?

We updated the system that takes care of the rendering so your issue could be solved. Sorry to bother you with this but you’re currently the only user with this specific issue :slight_smile: