Composure Manager Not Showing

When I click on the Composure Editor, or any other tool, it is not showing up. I do see the icon for the selection if I move my mouse into a blank space. I did a little research and I think I know what is happening, but I do not seem to be able how to fix it.

The last time I used Skatter was over a week ago and I was at another location where I had access to a 2nd screen. I did my work there on the 2nd screen. Now I do not have access to a 2nd screen. I think (it is really a guess) that when I click on the Composure Editor icon it is actually launching it but it is on the other screen (which obviously I cannot see). I have not found a way to adjust this since the Settings>Display does not see another screen.

Can someone give me a clue of how to get the Skatter stuff to show up on my laptop again?

Please try this:

• Close SketchUp
  • Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 202X\SketchUp
  • Open PrivatePreferences.json with a text editor like Notepad
  • Remove these sections:
        "WebCommonDialog_skatter_composition": {
            "Height": 696,
            "Left": 279,
            "Top": 356,
            "Width": 253
        },
        "WebCommonDialog_skatter_composition_manager": {
            "Height": 578,
            "Left": 1220,
            "Top": 330,
            "Width": 600
        },
        "WebCommonDialog_skatter_preferences": {
            "Height": 700,
            "Left": 91,
            "Top": 50,
            "Width": 450
        },

(The numbers will be different, but you need to remove the whole sections named “WebCommonDialog_skatter_composition”, “WebCommonDialog_skatter_composition_manager”, and “WebCommonDialog_skatter_preferences”)

• Save the file and close it
  • Open SketchUp, the Skatter window position should be reset to the default

Let me know if that works.

1 Like

I got it solved. I was able to connect my laptop to a smart TV and drug everything back to my laptop screen. This was an interesting situation. I normally only use one monitor (the laptop) but if you do not have a second monitor connected, it seems like everything should move back to the original monitor (as SketchUp did automatically).

Well, I am wrong. When I launch Skatter or try to use the Edit to update something, it is not showing on the screen. Is there something I can do or can I just reinstall Skatter and try again?

Did you try the procedure I posted above?

No, I had not done that. I thought when I attached an external monitor and drug the Skatter dialog window back to the laptop that had solved it. Obviously, I did not do enough testing. So now I just did the edit you suggested, and all seems to be working now. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Just to be safe, I copied the file before editing so now I have a backup in case I run into another problem.

I really appreciate your response and patience with me.

1 Like

No problem, I’m glad it’s working now!

I agree that SketchUp should automatically detect dialogs that are off screen, and bring them back to the main screen.
I don’t think this is something we can detect ourselves. But we could add a menu button to do the procedure I posted above.

1 Like

I think that would be a good idea. I do not think this will happen to me again but, as I said, I think your idea is a very good one.

Well, while we solved my problem with the Composure Manager, I now have the same issue with 3D Bazaar. I wanted to select a new item to add to my model but when I click on the 3E Bazaar icon it is not showing up. (I do not have a remote screen attached).

I will also post this issue on the 3D Bazaar thread.

Do the same procedure, but remove the section called “WebCommonDialog_lindale_3d_bazaar_main”