First tests

First, thanks for including me in this alpha testing! This is a very useful plugin!
I’ve installed Transmuter “per user” and ran it not as administrator and it worked well.
It surprised me how nice the interface is. The only thing I would add is the abillity to turn off the wireframe and to be able to see the ''solid view" of the model.
I’ve tried converting some obj models from xfrog and vizpark (with export v-ray proxy enabled) and with obj files smaller than 15mb or 20mb, it worked flawlesly, but when the file was bigger then this, transmuter didn’t work. The ply2vrmesh window never closed and the skp file was never created. However when I closed the ply2vrmesh window, the skp file was created, but when added to the scene it didn’t show up in the render. I tried opening only the proxy file and it didn’t open. It seems it gets corrupted or something.
Other than that, all the materials of my plant models were read with full refraction. So I had to turn it of before the “transmutation”.
In all my tests all the maps were read correct, I’ve checked it by importing the same files in 3ds max and checking the maps in it.
One of the file I’ve tested that didn’t work is an obj with 55mb from vizpark. The conversion to a skp file works, but when I enable the “export v-ray proxy button” than it won’t. I can send you the model privately, as this is a paid model.

Best regards,

Caetano

Yes please do! at [email protected]

I’ve tried to send you the file but the e-mail has returned.

Thats the error: Reject for policy reason RULE2_1. See http://postmaster.gandi.net

Hello Thomas,
I’ve sent you a PM in the Chaos Group foruns with the link. I’m going in a short trip tomorow morning and returning only on next monday so forgive me for that. At least you’ll be able to check the models.

Best regards,

Caetano

Thanks a lot! I’ll look at it soon

Hi Caetano,

The issue you encountered with the vrmesh export has been fixed. Also the ply2vrmesh window will not appear anymore. It should be available in the next release (0.1.3). Thanks for the feedback!