The state of Skatter v2 as of January 2019

Great news. Nice looking interface. Looking forward to trying it.

I like everything I’ve seen. Great job!

1 Like

Very good news. It has definitely been worth the wait.

Thanks for all the excellent work. :+1:

Amazing, I’m going to promote it on my Facebook page. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t wait to try the new cluster feature! this is what I’m most missing in skatter V1

1 Like

That UI looks sweet!

One thing im a bit scared of now is that v2 will be WIndows only as is Transmutr.

It would be nice if it is written in C++ which could be run on both Windows and OSX. I think you can run code much faster than. But im not sure if such things can be done

1 Like

Hi @rombout,

Skatter v2 will work both on Windows and OSX.

As a matter of fact, the Transmutr beta is currently Windows only but we’ll also have an OSX version in the future.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas and Merwan,
that’s a great news, I already Purchased Skatter but I can’t take the full benefit of it as Maxwell render doesn’t support render only feature, so is there any possibility that it will be supported in V2 so I will upgrade to v2, because without this feature Skatter is useless for me.
thanks.

No sorry, this is a limitation on how the Maxwell plugin is built.
To get technical, it runs as a C++ exporter, that doesn’t have access to the Ruby space. But Skatter can only store data in the Ruby space. Hence, Maxwell is not able to access it.
Unless the Maxwell developers are willing to have a small Ruby script sending Skatter data to the C++ exporter, I’m afraid that there’s no solution.

1 Like

@merwan,

okay thanks for the headsup

1 Like

Good for you!

Great for us!

Thank you

thanks Thomas we are ready for the marketplace :wink: thats a good news … so in this market we are able to sell our own model only right ? (not like the warehouse where there is some illegal import i think ) (sry for my english) :smile:

1 Like

Yes we will try to moderate the platform as best as possible, and remove non-authorized copyrighted content.

3 Likes

Any news on skatter v2?

2 Likes

Not yet, sorry!

1 Like

Thanks for all the Good work both of you. Hope to see v2 release soon. Any ideas on pricing and update fees?

1 Like

This has not been decided yet

2 Likes

When Skatter version2?

@Nuno_Mota Recently we had to allocate a lot of our development time to our new extension: 3D Bazaar but now that it has been released we’ll be able to spend more time on Skatter 2.

We cannot provide a release date at the moment but most of Skatter 2’s new features are complete and they now need polishing. We prefer to make sure that everything looks good rather than releasing it too hastily :slight_smile:

The release of Chaos Cosmos upset our plans quite a lot, we had to focus on the 3D Bazaar for a bit to release it as soon as possible.