3D Bazaar Version 1.0.0-beta2
This may be the last beta version before the public release.
Due to a recent announcement by Chaos Group that disturbs our plans (we can’t talk about it because it’s not public yet, but some of you probably know what’s up), we have decided to release the 3D Bazaar earlier of what we originally planned. This means releasing it before Skatter 2.0.
This is far from ideal, but we don’t really have a choice
For this Beta, most of the work has been done under the hood or on server-side, but there are a few nice improvement:
- A new cart system, so you don’t have to purchase assets one by one.
- A mobile interface to browse the library on smaller screens, or when using the 3D Bazaar in SketchUp with a single monitor.
- The local library now updates in real-time when you add/remove/rename files or folders.
We have also added a lot of content to the marketplace, especially vegetation!
Download: simply launch the 3D Bazaar Beta1 in SketchUp, you should get a notification that a new version is available. Click on “Install” and the 3D Bazaar will do the rest! The update is actually mandatory, you cannot dismiss it, because the server side has been updated and is incompatible with Beta1.
Just in case, here is the download link: https://files.getskatter.com/3dbazaar_1.0.0-beta2.rbz
As always, please do not share this link outside of the Beta group. It is strictly confidential. Anyone sharing the link or installer outside of the Beta group will be banned from it.
- Cart system: you are now able to purchase several models with a single payment instead of purchasing them individually.
- Mobile interface: the user interface now adapts to smaller screens such as for mobile devices.
- Live updates for the local library: your local library now updates in real-time when you add/remove/rename files or folders.
- Local library: folders stored on disk when downloading assets are now hidden in the interface (assets are shown with the same appearance as in the marketplace).
- The default download location is now User/Documents/3DBazaar/Downloads.
- Local library: fixed various crashes that occurred when scanning local files.
- Fixed the extension not loading due to a conflict with some versions of V-Ray for SketchUp.
- Fixed showing a material texture when a .skp doesn’t have a thumbnail.
- Many more small bug fixes…