Can't find Skatter

SketchUp version : 2021
Skatter version (Skatter dialog > Options > About) : 1.4.21
Description of the issue : I want to try the Skatter Demo, but I can’t seem to find the extension on SketchUp after installing it on my computer. Not in the extension manager either. I have tried to delete Skatter from my computer and install it again, but nothing changes. When I install Skatter, it is located in /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/Sketchup/Plugins/ so it seems like it’s installed correctly. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

A similar issue occurs when Skatter is installed in several locations at the same time.

Do you see “jbb_skatter” files and folder in “HDD/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/sketchUp/plugins”? Not “Users/Library/…” nor “System/Library/…”, but the “/Library” folder directly at the root of your hard drive
Then please make sure the files do not exist in those two other locations.

Hi Thomas, i have skatter v1, working fine with sketchup 2018, but my main sketchup is 2021, installed the latest version that supports my version 2021 but when i open the program, the app is visible, but none of the buttons brings up the menu. please help.

Please try this:

• Open a new SketchUp file
  • Open the Ruby Console from the Extensions > Developers menu, and keep it open
  • Try to open Skatter
  • Tell me what appears in the Ruby Console

Hi Thomas

Thank you for coming back to me.

I have done a search for all scatter files and folders on my pc, deleted it and installed a fresh copy only on version 2021 and started up correctly. Thanks again , will keep these steps in mind for future releases. Good luck with the sales of the new version, seems like you have put a lot of love into that.

Keep well

Best Regards

Jacques

1 Like