Error starting Enscape while using 3d Bazaar, Skatter v2 Contents

**SketchUp version :Pro2021
**Skatter version: Skatter version 2.0.0
**Description of the issue : Error starting Enscape while using 3d Bazaar, Skatter v2 Contents Cut grass / Tall Grass etc. The Enscape dialog box says that “You have more than one graphics chip” The strange thing is that this doesn’t happen when I use Skatter and import a model (from my own collection) through Enscape. I’ve all so tried linking the downloaded 3d Bazaar, Skatter v2 Content and have the same result.

I am using a laptop with 2 GPUs, but have the 3080 GPU set as preferred in Nvidia control panel and only have this problem when using 3d Bazaar, Skatter v2 Contents.

Are you able to reproduce the issue every time? (If yes, how?) :Yes
Error in Ruby Console? (Window > Ruby Console) : Enscape crash/ not SketchUp

Please try this:

• Open a new SketchUp file
  • Open 3D Bazaar and import “Skatter Tall Grass”
  • Close the Skatter Composition Editior without generating
  • Go to the SketchUp Components window, click on “skatter2_grass_tall_large” and place it in the model
  • Start Enscape, does the issue appear?

Also, are you importing the grass from 3D Bazaar as “Proxy” or “High-poly”?

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your quick response. I have solved the problem after a ton of trouble shooting. It may be a stupid mistake by myself and be well documented somewhere but if not I hope this helps someone else.

The problem I was having is caused by saving the 3D Bazaar Model to a different hard drive location than the one first specified in the 3D Bazaar download box C:\Users********\Documents\3DBazaar\Downloads

Just for your record here is what I was doing which resulted in the Enscape Error Message

Processes (while having the 3D Bazaar Model saves to: D:\Work\Models\3DBazaar*************)

1. Import Bazaar Model - Generate in Skatter 2.0 - Render in Enscape = Error starting Enscape. An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 33, position 36. You have more than one graphics chip…
  2. Import Baraar Model - Close the Skatter Composition Editor - Go to the SketchUp Components window, click on “skatter2_grass_tall_large” and place it in the model - Render in Enscape = Error starting Enscape…
  3. Open link model in Enscape - Select the previously downloaded Baraar Model from my harddrive - Open Skatter and select skatter objects, Host and generate - Render in Enscape - Error starting Enscape…

Thanks for your Help

Jonathan

Error.jpg

This is very strange.
Since the error occurs in Enscape itself, I suggest you contact the Enscape developers directly and explain the issue to them.

I suspect that it could be related to a drive configuration or something like that. Is your D:/ drive a network drive?

Thanks Thomas

I have been engaging with Enscape also. They seem a little confused as well. I honestly have tested so many times that I’m confident that the saved path of the 3D Bazaar to my D:/ drive (hard drive in my laptop) was the problem.

Beat of luck and appreciate the wonderful software you are creating.

Kind Regards
Jonathan

1 Like