Help please, skatter didnt star "IndexError"

SketchUp version : 2019
Skatter version (Skatter dialog > Options > About) : 1.4.7
Description of the issue :

If i started a new project, skatter will work perfectly, but when i opened an oldest file (like 2017/2018 with the same plugin) it gives me a ruby error in the begining and not working

Are you able to reproduce the issue every time? (If yes, how?) :
Error in Ruby Console? (Window > Ruby Console) :
Error: #<IndexError: index 268435456 too big>
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:201:in cpp_generate_uniform_points' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:201:inblock in generate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:in each' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:ingenerate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:889:in refresh' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:730:inrefresh_from_attributes’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:606:in block (2 levels) in startup' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:603:ineach’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:603:in block in startup' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:inis_online’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:in initialize' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:innew’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:in <main>' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:ineval’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in require' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in eval' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:inrequire’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/utilizador/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents.rb:47:inregister_extension’

1 Like

Hi @Daniel_Pereira,

Can you send your file to [email protected] ?
We’ll take a look to investigate your issue (but it might take some time, it’s very busy right now :confused: )

Thanks

1 Like

sorry, but the project is confidencial :confused:

Ok, I understand.

Do you have any other non-confidential models from the same time period that can reproduce this issue? Otherwise it will be tricky for us to investigate.

Alternatively, you can maybe try to install an older version of Skatter to see if the compatibility is better.

1 Like

i will try that, the project has 6 months, skatter detect everithing, but is not showing on live preview and render

Ok, please let us know if we can help.

I’ll keep digging to check if any other user had this same issue before.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
If we sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, can you send the model?

1 Like

my boss dont like the idea, its a big project and he sign a confidential contract, if something happen he will pay a lot of money :confused:

If you delete everything in the file, does the issue still happen?
Or maybe delete only what’s sensitive?

(Make a copy, of course ^^)

1 Like

Hi,

Same Sketchup version, same Skatter version, same problem:

Error: #<IndexError: index 268435456 too big>
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:204:in cpp_generate_random_points' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:204:in block in generate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:144:in each' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:144:in generate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:876:in refresh' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:717:in refresh_from_attributes’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:593:in block (2 levels) in startup' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:590:in each’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:590:in block in startup' c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:in is_online’
c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:in initialize' c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:in new’
c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:in <main>' c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in eval’
c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in require' c:/users/willt/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in eval' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/willt/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents.rb:47:in register_extension’

Would you have any idea?

It only happened with one model so far

Thanks

And it come with a huge RAM consumption with no apparent reason without any render activated Up to 22 Gigs on my 32 setup )

Thanks for the file sent via email.
You have a Skatter setup that is trying to create way too many objects. It is the “PERSONNAGE” setup.
You have set the density to 0.2 obj/unit while the model unit is centimeters. This means you will have 400 objects per square-meter.
Since your surface is 1085574331.2 cm², that’s more than 200 millions objects! Skatter is not able to handle such a huge amount of data.

Did you switch the model unit from meters to centimeters at some point?

To fix your file:

• Open a blank SketchUp file
  • Disable Skatter in the Extensions Manager
  • Restart SketchUp and open your file
  • Open the Ruby Console from the Window menu
  • Paste this line of code in the console and press Enter:
    Sketchup.active_model.attribute_dictionaries.delete('jbb_skatter_087608c3-43df-42de-997f-6ac1b92de594')
  • Re-enable Skatter in the Extensions Manager

Hi Thomas,

I indeed switched at some point. I needed to work on this file so i copy/pasted on an other file all of it and did the skatters again, but for next time i will know!

Thanks,

William W.