Help please, skatter didnt star "IndexError"

SketchUp version : 2019
Skatter version (Skatter dialog > Options > About) : 1.4.7
Description of the issue :

If i started a new project, skatter will work perfectly, but when i opened an oldest file (like 2017/2018 with the same plugin) it gives me a ruby error in the begining and not working

Are you able to reproduce the issue every time? (If yes, how?) :
Error in Ruby Console? (Window > Ruby Console) :
Error: #<IndexError: index 268435456 too big>
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:201:in cpp_generate_uniform_points' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:201:inblock in generate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:in each' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/generate_points.rb:143:ingenerate_points’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:889:in refresh' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:730:inrefresh_from_attributes’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:606:in block (2 levels) in startup' C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:603:ineach’
C:/ProgramData/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/methods.rb:603:in block in startup' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:inis_online’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:175:in initialize' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:innew’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcobservers.rbe:1054:in <main>' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:ineval’
c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in require' c:/users/utilizador/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2019/sketchup/plugins/su_dynamiccomponents/ruby/dcloader.rbe:16:in
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in eval' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:inrequire’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load' C:/Users/utilizador/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp/Plugins/su_dynamiccomponents.rb:47:inregister_extension’

Hi @Daniel_Pereira,

Can you send your file to [email protected] ?
We’ll take a look to investigate your issue (but it might take some time, it’s very busy right now :confused: )

Thanks

sorry, but the project is confidencial :confused:

Ok, I understand.

Do you have any other non-confidential models from the same time period that can reproduce this issue? Otherwise it will be tricky for us to investigate.

Alternatively, you can maybe try to install an older version of Skatter to see if the compatibility is better.

i will try that, the project has 6 months, skatter detect everithing, but is not showing on live preview and render

Ok, please let us know if we can help.

I’ll keep digging to check if any other user had this same issue before.

Hi Daniel,
If we sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, can you send the model?

my boss dont like the idea, its a big project and he sign a confidential contract, if something happen he will pay a lot of money :confused:

If you delete everything in the file, does the issue still happen?
Or maybe delete only what’s sensitive?

(Make a copy, of course ^^)