Materials issue

Hi
Importing a model from cinema 4D. The geometry comes across fine, but the materials do not. The whole model is one material.
There are 4 very simple materials, no textures. I can see the materials in the materials pane, but they are not assigned. I thought it could be as a result of just the group being assigned a material in cinema 4D, and not the individual objects, but i tried that, and it makes no difference.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark

Hi @markvs,

Please send us your model to [email protected] so that we can investigate.

Thanks for sending the file to us via email. But it’s a .c4d file, I’m afraid we don’t have Cinema 4D and can’t open it.
Can you please send us the file you imported in Transmutr? (I’m guessing .fbx or .obj) As well as any texture files that could come with it.
Thanks

Hi
I managed to figure it out. In a nutshell, the material has to be assigned to the element, it doesn’t copy across if it is applied to a group that the element is in - if that makes sense.

So say i have a group of 4 elements, which have the same material - if the material is applied to the group, it doesn’t work. The elements either need to be combined, with the material assigned, or all the elements need to have the material combined

All the best

Mark

1 Like