Object missing

Hi,

I’m having an issue with a project I did in June, that needs minor modifications today.
Problem is ojects are now missing in the compositions, therefore not showing in the render :

I haven’t touched the file since the last render I made in June, so I assume it might come from the last skatter release.
My main problem is that the missing items are not named, therefore I don’t know what to replace them with. Is there a way to access the error more precisely ?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Could you send the file to [email protected] ?
The information should still be in the file, so hopefully we can recover it.

1 Like

Hi,

I just sent you the file.
Thanks for your help

1 Like

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I was not able to fully recover the information.
Skatter saves the name of the Scattered Objects specifically for cases like yours, when the link to the SketchUp object is broken, to make it easier to pick the right object. But it looks like they were not saved in your file, I was not able to find why.

It seems that your Skatter v2 were originally converted from Skatter v1 setups. Maybe that’s why the names were not saved, I’ll dig deeper.
The somewhat good news is that the v1 data is still present in the file (it is kept as a hidden backup in case the conversion to v2 goes wrong). So I was able to pull out the following. Keep in mind that this is old outdated data, it looks like that the Scattered Objects were changed after the conversion to v2, as the number of Scattered Objects don’t match between the v2 compositions and their respective v1 backups.

Arbres terrain:

• 02_Thea_Tree_18_4m.mod.thea
  • 01_Thea_Tree_17_8m.mod.thea

Voisinage:

Arbres vue aérienne:

There is also “Arbres projet”, but this one doesn’t have a v1 backup.

I hope this can help!

1 Like

Hi,

Indeed this file has had many modifications since 2017, so it has seen a lot of software update…
During that period, I also switched from thea to vray and replaced thea proxies with laubwerk trees, so those proxies you dug up are no more accurate unfortunately.
It’s too bad because I only had a minor modification, but I’ll survive I guess!

Thanks for trying
Have a good weekend
Émilie

2 Likes