Play area concept

I was given 1 hour to produce this image from scratch. Client had a simple sketch for a play area in a natural setting. Could not have done this without Skatter

2 Likes

Very nice for such a short time!

Thanks Thomas. Skatter has really enabled me to do so much more than I could have otherwise. Thanks for all of your hard work on this program!

2 Likes

I agree!!! I can’t imagine pulling this off in an hour. Congratulations for a job well done and quickly. Bravo.

Thank you Duane.

Being able to populate the vegetation so quickly was key, however, I also spent a lot of time building a library of 3d assets (people, cars, vegetation) and 2d assets (backgrounds-skies, tree lines, etc…) that I might use one day. And this was the day. :slight_smile:

I encourage anyone to spend time each week building a library of digital assets of good to excellent quality. There will be a time where it pays off. There are many high quality models available for free, you just have to search them out and catalog them logically for easy/quick retrieval.

2 Likes

Yeah, given the very short time limit, it’s a great image. Those big trees look fantastic!

2 Likes

ThePixelArtist bring up a good point… the trees do look good! May I ask what the source is for these tree assets?

Duane,

The trees for this one are a combination of trees from a free plant kit from Laubwerk. The free plant kit includes a hedge/field maple tree which can be edited to reflect different levels of maturity and shape along with seasonal variations. I highly recommend Laubwerk’s “Plant Kit Freebie”

For the far background I used a .png of a treeline. Not sure where I found those, but they do come in handy as well.

Cheers