[Q] New release 1.2.0

Great to see a new update, i do have some question about some adjust/ne items.

Library’s “Proxies” and “Render Only” options are now based on installed render engines
What does this actually mean, i mean normally these files where added per engine already in the lirbary folder, correct?
I noticed that your missing one mesh though, from the skatter_trunk_01.mxm there is no vrmesh item and seems to be missing

Areas are now disabled in “Wrap UV” mode (matching UI with actual behaviour)
Could you explain this a bit further perhaps, i dont understand this quite well i think.

Also i still see a download page in the skatter window when a new version is available. When i click the download button nothing happens. Is this because its from withtin SU?

When i load in the full mesh skp models they have wrong linked mat/texture links when i open them in Thea mat lab. in the path for the texture it shows this, SKATTER_LIBRARY_PATHskatter_leaf_diffuse_02.jpg

Als o the materials setup on the Thea models is not done propperly. Shall i correct these like i did with the grass?
For the bush for example you have used the same setup in the translucency slot as the diffuse slot. This will result in very translucent leaves. They dont have any reflection map or color

What does this actually mean, i mean normally these files where added per engine already in the lirbary folder, correct?
Nothing has really changed. It’s just changing the default values of “render only” and “proxies/full geometry” if people have certain render engines installed.
If you have only Thea installed, “render only” will be checked, and “proxies” will be checked.
If you have only Maxwell installed, “render only” will be unchecked, and “proxies” will be checked.
If you have only Indigo installed, “render only” will be checked, and “proxies” will be unchecked.
And so on… But of course these are just the default values, you can change them as usual

I noticed that your missing one mesh though, from the skatter_trunk_01.mxm there is no vrmesh item and seems to be missing
That’s just a Maxwell material

Areas are now disabled in “Wrap UV” mode (matching UI with actual behaviour)
Could you explain this a bit further perhaps, i dont understand this quite well i think.

Clipping Areas are inactive when you use the “Wrap (UV)” mode in the “Random” distribution type. Because there is no axis of projection, Skatter can’t project areas along an axis.

Also i still see a download page in the skatter window when a new version is available. When i click the download button nothing happens. Is this because its from withtin SU?
You mean a popup saying that there’s a Skatter update available?

When i load in the full mesh skp models they have wrong linked mat/texture links when i open them in Thea mat lab. in the path for the texture it shows this, SKATTER_LIBRARY_PATHskatter_leaf_diffuse_02.jpg
Yes, this is normal. These files are meant to be loaded through Skatter.

Also the materials setup on the Thea models is not done propperly. Shall i correct these like i did with the grass?
You can, just make sure to backup them, and restore your modified files the next time you install Skatter. Otherwise they’ll be overwritten.
I’d love to see your modified files btw.

Thanks for all the explanation, perhaps you should add this to the info. Makes it a bit more clear for us none coders :wink:

Ill try do adjust those mats ASAP and show you the difference between them like i did with the grass earlier.

Here’s a screengrab from the skatter window inside SU. The links did not work from inside SU.
Screengrab skatter windwo in su

Oh I see. It’s supposed to open in a new window. I thought I fixed that, I’ll check it out.

Take your time for the mats, no rush :wink: I’m just curious how I can improve the library.

Sorry rombout, I can’t seem to fix the issue of the download page opening in the Skatter dialog.
I building a new update feature that’ll download and install itself after the user clicks ok. That will get rid of that.

okay thats perhaps better indeed, make sure it deletes it self after its done :wink: