Hi @roombox_beta testers, here’s a new version of RoomBox!
- Added an animation to the Custom maps tab to illustrate how it works.
- Show “X rooms selected” in the editor instead of all the room names when several rooms are selected.
- Fixed alpha maps not working.
- Fixed some tooltips preventing from clicking buttons that they cover.
How to install this update?
You can either:
- Start RoomBox and let it automatically update
This is very cool and I have started playing with it. What kind of feedback are you looking for? Improvements? Bugs? Features?
Thanks for this!
Hi @Jason We’re looking for any kind of feedback so don’t hesitate to share suggestions, feature ideas or bugs!
I was testing this out on the corner of a building and I think a few things would help:
- The ability to rotate sprites 90 degrees.
- The ability to add sprites.
- Suggested placement of lights via simple geometry that can be replaced in-render.
- Ability to “undo” sprite movement. Command-Z
And as an FYI, I use SketchUp, Twinmotion, and Photoshop as my workflow. Here’s a SketchUp and Twinmotion screenshot to describe what I’m talking about…
@Jason, we just published an article on how to use RoomBox with Twinmotion: Can I use RoomBox with Twinmotion? - RoomBox Help
It shows how to properly setup the materials to get the correct lighting. You should not add more lights, instead you should use the material’s “Glow” setting.
That’s way easier! Thanks!