[Release] Skatter 2.1.4

Features

• Added a new export type that produces CSV files for OctaneRender’s scatter nodes .
  • Added offline license activation/deactivation for users with a restricted internet connection.
  • Skatter is now available in Spanish . Go to “Preferences > Language” to change the current language.

Changes

• Significantly optimized the 3D preview of paint masks . Before this update, paint masks with a lot of strokes could noticeably slow down SketchUp.
  • Reworked the user interface of the Composition Manager . The “Edit” action has been upgraded to a bigger button. The “Export” and “Duplicate” actions have been moved to a sub-menu.

Bug fixes

• Fixed a crash occurring when picking many surface hosts.
  • Fixed crashes sometimes occurring when combining the Collision filter with random transformations.
  • Fixed the Offset parameter in the Boundaries filter accepting negative values even though they are not supported.

Known issue: Skatter does not work in SketchUp 2022 on Mac computers with M1 chips.

How to install this update?

You can either:

• Start Skatter and let it automatically update

Or

Or

2 Likes

The render only mode still doesnt work when I open sketchup files which I created before.
That works well only In new open files. If I save that and I open it again it doesnt work:(

To omit that I always must open the empty file, create a simple plande, to skatter something and hit the render. After that I must cick file->open and choose my old file. After that render only mode works

I have sketchup 21.1.332 and vray 5.20.03

We are still actively investigating this issue. We cannot reproduce it on our computers, so it’s not easy to debug. But we are working on it.

We are making some progress on this issue.

Can you try to remove vray_exporter_init.rbe in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins\skatter\src\utils

And then replace it with the attached file, vray_exporter_init.rb: vray_exporter_init.rb (5.1 KB)
(Note that the file extensions are different: .rbe and .rb , this is intentional)

Then tell me if it fixes the issue.
Thanks

Perfect. I checked i 3 different files and now it works. Thank You!

1 Like