RENAME the skatters in the Composition Manager

Hello Thomas, MErwan,
I’d like to rename by typing directly on the name of the skatters in the Compo Manager.
It looks like it’s not possible?
If I want to rename, I have to edit the skatter, which takes time as Skatter needs to refresh it…
It’s ok if I have the discipline to actually name my skatters when creating them of course, but sometimes I need to rename them afterwards, to sort them for example…

1 Like

This makes sense, we will add that functionality.

1 Like

And while we’re at it, I think once you regrouped the objects by folder, it would make sense that the object color should be overrided by the folder color, so it’s easier to visualize when using ZONES.

It would even be nicer if you added the possibility to make a grouped object selection in the list of scattered objects (with ctrl and shift, aka classic OS behaviour), and be able to create a folder containing this selection of objects (via right-click and “make a folder containing these objects” or via clicking on the folder icon), instead of having to click “create a folder” icon, crawl to the bottom of the list, rename the folder, crawling to the top of the list, drag the objects colored icon (you can’t drag the name, as Skatter interpretates this as renaming objects), and drop into the folder, recrawling to the top of the list, etc.

1 Like