Render Only Grass Renders When Host Geometry Hidden

I’m not sure if this is considered a bug report or a feature request but…

I use “Render Only” Proxies most of the time to save the scene from lagging so badly. One issue I am having with them is that in some of my renders I want Skatter objects turned on (Perspectives) but then in some I need them hidden (Elevations). I usually will go in the the “Render Only” menu and disable them for the Elevation shot but this proves to be tedious over the course of 120 projects, especially if I have any changes that need re-rendering I usually forget to go in and disable the Skatter objects which means I have to re-render yet again. It would be great if either 1 of these 2 could happen:

1. When the Host Geometry is hidden, the Skatter objects attached to it (even Render Only Proxies) would be hidden from the render as well.

2. If there was a way for the “Render Only” settings to be saved within each scene. Kind of like how Thea Render settings can be saved on a per scene basis. That way some shots could have Skatter objects turned on and some not.

Love this tool to death. This is the only “issue” I have with it. Keep up the great work.

I’m planning to add the ability to link a Render Only setup to a layer. So if you turn off the layer, the setup is disabled.

That could answer both of your requests :

1. Link the Skatter setup to the same layer as the Host
  2. Layer visibility can be handled automatically by scene

Would that be ok for you?

1 Like

Yes that would be amazing. Thank you!

This seems like a must. Please do this.

1 Like