Skatter compositions missing

Hi all,

I’ve just opened a Sketchup file that was made by my colleague and none of the Skatter stuff loads - there appear to be no compositions (in either Skatter 1 or 2), yet I can see the Skatter compositions if I look in the Sketchup Outliner.

Does anyone have any idea why it isn’t loading? I’ve tried different versions of Sketchup, and different versions of Skatter.

It’s pretty urgent, so any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Update:

I fixed the problem. My colleague had a more up-to-date version of Skatter installed, even though we were both on V2.

Please can I ask that the developers place a warning/notification to alert users as to WHY Skatter hasn’t loaded their compositions. This has taken most of my morning to get to the bottom of.

Many thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Hi @Macker

Good to hear you found a solution to that issue.

The latest version of Skatter does handle this case and warn users when their model contains data coming from an older/newer incompatible version. It also offers the possibility to pick which composition to update.

Hi Merwan,

The issue was the opposite. My colleague was using a newer version than me, not an older version. This didn’t prompt any warnings on my PC.

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, I understand.
This did not prompt any warnings on your PC because your older version of Skatter was missing that “check if the data is compatible” part that newer versions have.

1 Like