Skatter Hanging in 2020 Not installing in 2021

Sketchup 2020 Vray 5. Win 10. Skatter 1.4.20 All software is fully updated

EDIT:

As a side note Skatter will not install in my SU 2021. I have tried the open and right click and run as Admin and restarting. Ideas/??? Transmutr did install in 2021.

Can you be more specific? What happens exactly before it “hangs”? Can you reproduce the steps?

Hi

Usually it will hang, not responding when I hit the regenerate. This is when using full geometry. When working with proxies it is fine. Also how do I get Skatter to install in 2021? The check box for the installer is marked to install to
2021. Is there something I can move from one folder to another after running the installer? This is using the open command on the .exe or right click and run as admin.

Dave

Is “Render only” enabled? If it’s disabled, generating a lot of full geometry grass in the model will make it very slow or crash.

Do you see the “jbb_skatter.rb” file and “jbb_skatter” folder in “C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins” ?

Hi

Thanks for the attention.

The following is in the Program Data folder: C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins\jbb_skatter\so\2.7\64.

Ahh yes, that pesky little check box. One down one to go

Thx

Dave

Hi

I copied the files from the 2020 SU folder to 2021. Restart but no joy. There must be something else missing.

Dave

Do you see Skatter in the Extensions Manager? It might be disabled by default

NO

Is this the only folder?

Do you see this file?
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\Plugins\jbb_skatter.rb

I will try a repair to Sketchup then install Skatter again. Will let you know the result in a few minutes.

It finally is in SU 2021 after the repair.

Thanks for the assistance

1 Like