As a sidenote I just saw that Transmutr couldnt see my Egnyte drives.
I’m not familiar with Egnytes. It looks like a file sharing/sync system, right?
Do you mean that you cannot see some folders when selecting files via the “Open file” dialog in Transmutr? Can you usually see such folders from other applications?
Egnyte is like DropBox for business. We have it at work.
Yes I can see those drives from all other apps.
I’ll install the trial version of Egnyte to look into your issue.
So @pixero, I was able to reproduce the issue.
It’s actually a Windows limitation related (yet again) to admin privileges: network drives are only available to the same user that created them. So if I start an application with a different account than the one that installed the drives, the drives will not show up.
So a solution is to “Run as admin” the application if the admin installed the drives. Otherwise, if you installed the drives with your personal account, you must start Transmutr with the same account.
(different software but the issue is the same)
On My work laptop I couldn’t see the Egnyte drives but on my home pc I could. That doesn’t make sense from what you wrote.
It seem all my problems are at work but not at home.
I suppose that your applications (both Egnyte and Transmutr) were installed with different strategies on your home and work computer. And your home computer has a combination that works.
- Drive installed as admin + Transmutr started as admin should work (works for me )
- Drive installed with personal account + Transmutr started with same personal account should work (works for me )
- Drive installed as admin + Transmutr started with personal account should not work (doesn’t work for me )
- Drive installed with personal account + Transmutr started as admin should not work (doesn’t work for me )
Different ways to solve the issue that worked on my computer:
- Reinstall the Egnyte drive with the same account that you use Transmutr with
- If the drive was installed by the admin account, run Transmutr “as admin”
This seems like a common inconvenience with Egnytes. For instance, see https://community.egnyte.com/t5/Configuration/after-installing-mapped-drive-option-user-see-error-13/td-p/3257