Using Skatter with Trimble Connect Visualizer in Sketchup

Hi - I’d like to use Skatter with the Trimble Connect Visualizer in Sketchup, and I can’t quite figure out how the visualizer decides what objects to render.

I realise V-Ray and Enscape exist, but I don’t need them. What I need is to be able to put vegetation in my models without making my PC unusable, but to be able to visualise that vegetation when the final model is ready. I’m sure I’m not alone.

My PC is nowhere near powerful enough to have the Skatter elements visible in my model, but I’m struggling to work out how to hide them for editing, yet have them appear in the Visualizer.

From what I can work out, things will be rendered if they are: ‘visible’ in Outliner ‘visible’ in Tags.

So I can have Skatter elements hidden in my model but appearing in my render, by putting them in a tags folder, making them ‘visible’, but making the folder not-visible.

If I select ‘render only’ in Skatter (which I have to do because my PC isn’t powerful enough to have the objects in my model) then objects don’t get rendered in Trimble Connect Visualizer. Is there an easy workaround I can use to make this happen?

Or might Lindalë add support for the Trimble Connect Visualizer at some point?

I have posted a similar question in the Sketchup Community forum, but haven’t been able to work around the problem from those responses.

Thank you for getting this far!