Vray 5 Beta - Skatter Compatibility

I’m reinstalling v-ray from 4 to 5 and vice-versa (because I have active projects that I need to finish) so now after I try to render with render only, I get the blank scene, can’t get that white geometry :smiley:
Anyway, I tried to import the vrscene and add it to a new component and then use that component with skatter, but still I get the blank scene.
I don’t know if something is messed up in my system because I have reinstalled v-ray so many times…

I will stick to the vray next for now as I have some projects that I need to finish soon.

I’m not sure that opening with V-Ray 4 a project that was saved with V-Ray 5 is supported. I don’t think Chaos Group supports backward compatibility.

I think I have found a workaround for the render-only setups not being rendered in V-Ray 5.

Can you guys please try this version?
https://files.getskatter.com/skatter_1.4.19a_setup.exe

(This does not fix the white proxies issue, that one is still being worked on by Chaos Group)

@kelp @Filip @Jerome @eddski

I’d love to test it but I’m on MacOS, so an .exe won’t open for me…

I have made further improvement to the V-Ray 5 support in Skatter.
You can get the fixed version here (including MacOS): https://getskatter.com/download/

For it to work properly, you will need to wait for the fixed version of V-Ray. I was told it will be released very soon (maybe today?).

1 Like

The V-Ray 5 hotfix was released today. It works great with Skatter v1.4.19.
VRMesh and VRScene proxies should work fine even in Render-Only :wink:

Well done! Thanks!

Verzonden via Yahoo Mail voor iPhone

Thanks for the update! With V-ray 5 hotfix, the white boxes are indeed gone. However, now at least one of my larger scenes with a lot of Skatters won’t render anymore in v1.4.19. The rendering freezes before the frame buffer appears and Sketchup needs to be restarted. So I downgraded to v1.4.17 and the same file renders fine (and white boxes don’t appear due to the V-ray hotfix). As a result, for now I’ll stay at v1.4.17 to maintain rendering functionality with this file, but maybe there’s a fix?

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the office for a few days.
Yes, with hotfix and new skatter it works! Thank you!
Although my old projects are not working properly (vray takes forever to load). But, I’ll finish them in vray next.

@eddski @Filip

Could you guys send me your problematic projects to [email protected] ?

Thanks

@eddski @Filip

Thanks a lot for your files.

I found an issue that made Skatter export its data multiple times when the V-Ray render starts, instead of only once. This made the export phase (after clicking the render button) much longer than it should be.

Can you guys try to reinstall v1.4.19, then replace these files rb.zip (11.0 KB)
in:

• Windows: C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020\SketchUp\Plugins\jbb_skatter\rb
  • MacOS: /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/jbb_skatter/rb/

It works. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, it seems to work for me too. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

I have the same issue, have u campe up whith a solution?

Thanks

@Chemafamo We just fixed the issue. An update will be released soon.

1 Like