Vray Rendering Artifacts On Grass

Hey there,

I’ve been encountering a problem with Skatter lately where it will randomly render these weird gray artifacts. It usually happens when I have edited or deleted and remade the Grass. I’ve had it come out bright blue and stark black before as well but usually I will just go in the outliner and delete everything related to Skatter and remake it and that usually does it but that is not the case this time. Has anyone else run in to this issue? Could it be caused by not deleting Skatter objects the right way? There doesn’t seem top be a particular cause to this bug. sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn’t. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a picture showing the issue?
What render engine are you using?

Yes but i can’t figure out how to post it lol. I’m using Vray 2.0

You can host it on a website like imgur then post it here using the “img” button.

Or send it to me via email : [email protected]

Oh gotcha ok. Here you go.

Thanks for the picture.

To me it looks like Vray is losing a link to the texture in one of the three materials applied to the grass.
Vray 2 had this issue sometimes. Sadly I can’t do anything about it. And I don’t think Chaos Group is planning to update Vray 2. You’ll have to wait for Vray 3 or you can manually fix the issue.

Sorry I can’t help you more.

Thats okay I just deleted all the skatter objects from the outliner and used “Purge Unused” to get rid of the materials and then remade it and it seemed to work. Thanks anyways. Glad to hear its not a Skatter problem. I really love this plugin.

Hello,

I’ve encountered similar problems with v-ray and deleted materials (Especially the 2-sided materials). Make sure you update to the latest version of v-ray 2.0 (you can download it from the Chaosgroup website with your login details), and make sure that when you use the build in ‘purge unused’ function from Sketchup you have V-ray enabled. Most errors I got happened when I purged the model without enabling V-ray.

1 Like