[BETA] 1.2.0-beta.1

Version 1.2.0-beta.1

UPDATE: Beta 2 has been released: [BETA] 1.2.0-beta.2

This beta release introduces MacOS support and .skp import .
As the first users of those new features, you might encounter many bugs. We need some of you to test it, but please keep in mind that it is not yet suitable for production. Huge changes in the code were necessary, so we might have broken a few things.

Please report any issue in the Bug Reports section. Thanks for your help!

New features

• :apple: MacOS support.
  • Transmutr can now import SKP files .
  • Transmutr can now convert individual components directly from an opened SketchUp document.

Changes

• Texture maps embedded in FBX files are now extracted.
  • Duplicate material names are now renamed automatically.

Bug fixes

• Fixed the generation of VRMesh proxies not reporting errors in case of failure.
  • Fixed missing textures not being reported to the user.
  • Command-Line Interface: fixed simplified meshes being sometimes assigned the wrong materials.

3 Likes

Thanks Thomas and Merwan. Import of Sketchup files opens up a lot of possibilities.

3 Likes

Hey Thomas, I’ve received an email today to test the beta for MacOS, and I’m facing an error and the extension doesn’t work, I’ve posted a topic awhile ago reporting this issue in the Bug Reports section, hopefully you can help me. Thanks.

Hi @AhmedMady, I posted a reply to your issue in the thread.

How do I get the Transmutr right-click menu integration in sketchup 2019? I have it loaded but the menu item is not showing:

It looks like something is wrong with the installation.
In the Extensions Manager, please click on the arrow on the right, next the “Enabled” and take a new screenshot.
Thanks

@Thomas, Here is the screenshot that you’ve asked for.

Beta 2 has been released: [BETA] 1.2.0-beta.2