Vray - sketchup 2021

@kwadri Could you send us files that don’t work? (you sent some a few days ago but there was no vrscene file)

Update: we’re making progress on the vrscene issues but it seems that this might be related to a bug in V-Ray for SketchUp.
We’re currently in contact with the V-Ray devs to better understand what goes wrong.

The latest update didn’t solve the problem of rendering in the render only mode :frowning:
still the same…

@marcinn Just to make sure: are you having issues when using vrscene/proxies (which is a known issue) or is it something else?

sometimes render only mode works (very rear), but more often even just a simple box isn’t visible in the picture.

I attached 2 views. one is render only, the second “in model”:

@marcinn Thanks for the example. If you follow the exact same steps as this video, it doesn’t work for you?

Do you use the latest V-Ray?
Which version of SketchUp?

I do exactly the same. Sometimes works, soemtimes not.
vray 5.10.04 (I don’t use the latest - 5.20 because laubwerk doesnt work with that)
sketchup 2021 (21.1.332 64 bit)

1 Like

I installed the same V-Ray version as you to check if it changes anything but it still works ok on my side, so it must be something else.

Are you on Mac? We have another user with a similar issue and they’re on Mac.

Hi there,
Just passing by…

Laubwerk just released a version that supports Vray 5.2 :slight_smile:
Hope it helps!

2 Likes

I have the same problem on 2.1.1(sketchup2021,Vray5.1,Windows10). Sometimes works, soemtimes not.So I have to use 2.1.0 now .

I have Windows 10

We just released Skatter version 2.1.2, which fixes another batch of V-Ray-related issues.
That might help.

The bad news is that it revealed a bug in V-Ray for SketchUp which might produce crashes, as explained in the release notes.

@merwan
find attached files at this link with vrscene file.

after update to skatter 2.1.1 still a problem with the scale at the render only mode

1 Like

@kwadri Thanks for the file, we’ll look into this.

Yes that’s not part of the bug fixes for that version. Hopefully we’ll get this fixed soon.