Here’s a major update for Skatter that brings new features requested by users as well as the long-awaited support for Mac M1/M2.
- Skatter now supports newer Mac computers with M1/M2 chipsets.
- Added an “Ignore boundaries” option to surface hosts and masks to provide more flexibility when using the Boundaries filter.
- Added a “Regenerate all” button to the composition manager.
- The composition editor now remembers which UI sections have been expanded/collapsed for each composition.
- Disabling the preview now only hides the instances that will be generated. Other elements like masks and cameras will still be displayed, making it easier to work on a composition while maintaining good performance.
- Fixed object-space distributions not aligning the instances’ axes with the host’s.
- Fixed the object groups being lost when exporting/importing compositions.
- Fixed automatic generation not running when deleting the last remaining object of a composition.
You can either:
- Start Skatter and let it automatically update
- Install Skatter from the Extension Warehouse
- Download the .rbz package and install it manually